India won with Penalty Shootout 5-4: India emerged victorious in a nail-biting final against Kuwait, securing their ninth SAFF Championship title. The match, held in Bengaluru, saw the Indian team defeat Kuwait with a 5-4 scoreline in a tense penalty shootout after both teams were deadlocked at 1-1 in 120 minutes of play.
India won with Penalty Shootout 5-4: India Won Ninth SAFF Championship Title in Thrilling Final against Kuwait
Final Score: India 1-1 Kuwait (5-4 on penalties)
- India won the SAFF Championships title for the 9th time.
- Kuwait took an early lead with Shabaib Al Khaldi’s goal in the 14th minute.
- Lallianzuala Chhangte equalized for India in the 39th minute.
India won with Penalty Shootout 5-4:
- After 5th round of penalty kicks, the scoreline remained 4-4.
- The sudden death rule was applied.
- Mahesh Naorem scored for India. Goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sandhu saved Khaled Hajiah’s shot, securing victory for the home side.
Group Stage Encounter
Defending champions India and Kuwait had previously played out a 1-1 draw in their last group match.
India’s triumph in the SAFF Championship final against Kuwait was a thrilling contest that went down to the wire. With their ninth title secured, the Indian team displayed resilience, determination, and exceptional goalkeeping skills to emerge victorious in the penalty shootout. The SAFF Championship victory further strengthens India’s position as a dominant force in South Asian football.
- I am a computer science trainer, motivator, blogger, and sports enthusiast. Apart from academic activities, I'm a very passionate reader and writer on various subjects like technology, Sports, and finance.
- EntertainmentOctober 2, 2023Jawan box office collection Day 25
- EntertainmentSeptember 30, 2023Jawan Box Office Collection Day 24: A Best Hit Movie in 2023
- FootballSeptember 30, 202310 most searched footballers on Google, Best Footballer
- ICC ODI World Cup 2023September 30, 2023IND vs ENG Warm-up Match today: How to Watch ICC World Cup 2023 Warm-Up Match Live