MS Dhoni Umpire Argument: The first qualifier of IPL 2023 has been played between Chennai Super Kings and Gujarat Titans. This match watch played at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai on 23 May 2023
MS Dhoni uses his Spinner well: CSK vs GT
After the Super Kings scored 172 runs on a slow pitch at Chepauk, MS Dhoni effectively used the spinners to his advantage. During the Gujarat Titans’ chase, MS Dhoni was closely involved, ensuring he made the right decisions. The Titans were struggling after losing six wickets and reaching a score of 98. The Chennai Super Kings’ spinners bowled their overs quickly, helping them maintain a good over rate.
MS Dhoni Umpire Argument Causes 5-Minute Delay
- CSK posted 172 on a sluggish pitch at Chepauk, thanks to Ruturaj Gaikwad‘s 60 and Devon Conway’s 40.
- Gujarat Titans were reduced to 98 for 6, but Rashid Khan and Vijay Shankar added 38 runs in just 3 overs to give them a chance.
- However, Pathirana broke the partnership and Darshan Nalkande was run-out for 0, as CSK held on for a win.
- During the match, there was a 5-minute delay in play when MS Dhoni argued with the umpires about whether Matheesha Pathirana was eligible to bowl his second over.
- Pathirana the CSK fast bowler had taken a 9-minute break after his first over. In the second over umpires said he had not spent enough time on the field to be eligible to bowl again.
- Then Dhoni argued that Pathirana should be allowed to bowl. This led the match to delay for 5 minutes while the umpires consulted with their colleagues.
- After the argument, the umpires ruled in favor of Dhoni’s bowler. Pathirana was allowed to bowl his second over.
- The delay in play swung the momentum in Gujarat’s favor for a brief while, but Pathirana broke the partnership and CSK held on for a win.
“That 5-minute argument with the umpires, he has was unnecessary. All he did was stall and stall the game instead of letting another bowler bowl. He might come to regret that at the end of the match,”Simon Doull said
IPL 2023 Qualifier 1 Match summary: CSK vs GT
- Gujarat Titans: 157/10 (20)
- Chennai Super Kings: 172/7 (20)
- Chennai Super Kings win by 15 runs
Chennai Super Kings Scored
|Ruturaj Gaikwad 60 (44)||Mohammed Shami 2/28 (4)|
|Devon Conway 40 (34)||Mohit Sharma 2/31 (4)|
|Ravindra Jadeja 22 (16)||Noor Ahmad 1/29 (4)|
Gujarat Titans Scored
|Shubman Gill 42 (38)||Ravindra Jadeja 2/18 (4)|
|Rashid Khan 30 (16)||Maheesh Theekshana 2/28 (4)|
|Dasun Shanaka 17 (16)||Deepak Chahar 2/29 (4)|
- I am a computer science trainer, motivator, blogger, and sports enthusiast. Apart from academic activities, I'm a very passionate reader and writer on various subjects like technology, Sports, and finance.
- Sports News2023.06.02WTC 2023 Final: The Star Batsmen Join the Test Team
- Sports News2023.06.01World Test Championship Final: India’s Key Players to Watch Out For
- Cricket2023.06.01Gavaskar believes Pujara’s experience could be the difference for India in WTC 2023 final
- IPL 20232023.05.31Top 5 Uncapped Indian Stars in IPL 2023: Impressive Performances