LSG pulls off an incredible win: Wow what a last over by Moshin Khan after Marcus Stonis hitting. LSG beats Mumbai Indians in a nail-biting encounter. Mumbai Indians also gave all their energy but 5 runs short.
LGS Batting: LSG pulls off an incredible win
On Tuesday 16th of May 2023 LSG take on mighty MI in match number 63 of the IPL 2023 season at Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow. LSG scored 178 runs.
LSG inning started on a bad note as their two wickets (Deepak Hooda, Prerak Mankad) were out at just 12 runs. After then Marcus Stoinis and Krunal Pandya counter-attacked MI. Stoinis hit 10 fours and one huge six. He made 89 runs not and Krunal Pandya was retired hurt at 49 runs. Finally, LSG made 178 for the loss of 3 wickets.
MI Batting: LSG pulls off an incredible win
MI fight back in the second of the match. Rohit Sharma and Ishan Kishan started their inning with some good hitting. Rohit was out at 37 runs and Kishan was out at 59 runs. And then MI Suryakumar Yadav out cheaply. Nehal Wadhera is out at 16 runs. But Tim David once came to rescue MI but fail to complete the 178 runs target.
Final Over Drama: Mohsin Khan’s final over magic
Mumbai Indians needed only 11 runs in the last over. Moshin Khan bowled beautifully well and only conceded 6 runs in spite of Green and David at the crease. LSG won the match by 5 runs.
The key moment in LSG vs MI
- Mumbai Indians (MI) lost to Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) by 5 runs in Match 63 of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023.
- LSG scored 177/3 in their 20 overs, with Marcus Stoinis top-scoring with 89 not out.
- MI were all out for 172 in their 20 overs, with Tim David top-scoring with 32.
- Mohsin Khan was the star bowler for LSG, taking 3 wickets for 24 runs.
- Yash Thakur also impressed for LSG, taking 2 wickets for 23 runs.
- The win helps LSG go level on points with Chennai Super Kings (CSK) on 15 points, and also retake third place, while MI slipped to fourth.
- LSG got off to a poor start, losing Deepak Hooda and Prerak Mankad in the third over.
- However, Krunal Pandya and Marcus Stoinis put on an 82-run partnership for the third wicket to steady the innings.
- Stoinis was the aggressor in the partnership, hitting 10 fours and a six in his 57-ball innings.
- Krunal Pandya played a more supportive role, scoring 49 off 38 balls and retiring hurt at 49.
- In reply, MI got off to a good start, with Rohit Sharma and Ishan Kishan putting on a 50-run partnership for the first wicket.
- However, LSG’s bowlers struck at regular intervals to restrict MI to 172.
- Mohsin Khan was the pick of the bowlers, taking 3 wickets for 24 runs.
- Yash Thakur also impressed, taking 2 wickets for 23 runs.
- In the end, LSG held on for a narrow win, thanks to some fine bowling from Mohsin Khan. LSG pulls off an incredible win against MI
- I am a computer science trainer, motivator, blogger, and sports enthusiast. Apart from academic activities, I'm a very passionate reader and writer on various subjects like technology, Sports, and finance.
- Sports News2023.06.02WTC 2023 Final: The Star Batsmen Join the Test Team
- Sports News2023.06.01World Test Championship Final: India’s Key Players to Watch Out For
- Cricket2023.06.01Gavaskar believes Pujara’s experience could be the difference for India in WTC 2023 final
- IPL 20232023.05.31Top 5 Uncapped Indian Stars in IPL 2023: Impressive Performances