Team India Won the First ODI by barely 12 runs which was played at Rajiv Gandhi Stadium in Hyderabad. Hyderabad. New Zealand Michael Bracewell nearly won the match, but Team India bowler particularly Md Shiraz did good bowling in a tense situation. He took 4 wickets in 10 overs and conceded only 46 runs. Kuldeep Yadav and Shardul Thakur took two wickets each.
India made a good total on board 349 for the loss of 8 wickets. Shubman Gill made a double ton powered by 19 fours and 9 sixes in just 149 balls. He made 208 runs.
New Zealand’s start was slow due to the good bowling of Md Shami and Md Shiraz. And their six-wicket falls on just 131 runs. Then came Michael Bracewell and he started his inning with big fours and sixes. He made a blistering century of 140 in just 78 balls with 12 fours and 10 huge sixes. He and Mitchell Santner added 162 in New Zealand total. Mitchell Santner made 57 runs in 45 balls with 7 fours and one six. After Mitchell Santner’s departure, no batsman made a good contribution. The last wicket was taken by Shardul Thakur and that too by Michael Bracewell. Shardul Thakur did magic by claiming Michael Bracewell and too in the last over.
Shubman Gill with bats and Md Shiraz made the difference between India and New Zealand ODI match. Well done, India.
Result: Team India Won the First ODI
- India Made 349 for the Loss of 8 wickets
- New Zealand made 337 for the Loss of 10 wickets
- Result of the match, India won by 12 runs.
- The man of the match was Shubman Gill
Rohit Sharma said
Rohit Sharma says the way Michael Bracewell was batting, they knew it was difficult to defend. Adds after keeping New Zealand 5 down they knew they are in the game but the bowlers failed to execute some plans. On Gill, Rohit says it is clean striking from him. Adds they wanted to give him the opportunity and it is exciting to watch him. On Siraj, Rohit says he was brilliant and is bowling well in all three formats.
- I am a computer science trainer, motivator, blogger, and sports enthusiast. Apart from academic activities, I'm a very passionate reader and writer on various subjects like technology, Sports, and finance.
- Sports News2023.03.24IPL 2023 new rule for Toss: Captains can announce XI after toss to allow Impact Player’s introduction
- IPL 20232023.03.22Yesterday IPL Match Result: Who Won Yesterday’s IPL Match in IPL 2023?
- Cricket2023.03.21David Miller ‘Most certainly not bitter’: On not getting T20I captaincy role
- Cricket2023.03.21Mushfiqur Rahim scored the fastest century 100 for Bangladesh in ODI