The Biography of Sam Curran: Samuel Matthew Curran better known as Sam Curran was born on 3rd June 1998. He is a Right-Hand Bat and left-handed bowling all-rounder English cricketer who plays for England in all formats.
He was born to a former Zimbabwe international cricketer Kevin Curran. He is the elder brother of Surrey and England cricketer Tom Curran. He grew up in Zimbabwe and his early life in Rusape. In 2012, he moved to England. He has done his education at Wellington College of Berkshire.
|Age||24 years old in 2022|
|Date of Birth||3rd June 1998|
|Full Name||Samuel Matthew Curran|
|Height||5 Feet 4 Inches or 1.75 m|
|Family||Grand Father – KP Curran Father – KM Curran Brother – TK Curran, BJ Curran|
|Body Measurements||38-13- 32|
Debut in a different format
- One day International On 24-June-2018 against Australia at Emirates Old Trafford
- Test On 30 May 2018 against Pakistan at Headingley
- T20 On 1st November 2019 against New Zealand at Hagley Oval
- IPL Debut in 2019 for Kings XI Punjab
The domestic playing of Sam Curran
|2019||Kings XI Punjab IPL|
|2020–2021||Chennai Super Kings IPL|
|2023||Punjab Kings IPL|
Biography of Sam Curran, Earlier Career
Sam Curran represented the Zimbabwe Cricket team in 2011–12 in South Africa, where he won the player of the tournament.
He represented England Under-19s at the 2016 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup, he played six games, scoring 201 runs and taking seven wickets to help his team finish sixth.
He made his first One Day International debut against Australia on 24th June 2018 and after one year he was selected for England’s Test and Twenty20 International against New Zealand.
He played 3 seasons in IPL in 2019 he was bought by King’s XI Punjab after that in 2020 he was released and was bought by Chennai Super Kings. He plays a total of 32 matches in which he took 32 Wickets and scored 337 runs.
IPL Batting Statistics of Sam Curran
IPL Bowling Statistics of Sam Curran
|Year||Matches||Overs||Runs Given||Wicket Taken||Average||Economics|
Sam Curran Test statistics
|Matches Played till 2022||24|
|Total Innings Played||38|
|Total runs made||815|
Sam Curran One day international statistics
|Matches Played till 2022||21|
|Total Innings Played||14|
|Total runs made||262|
Sam Curran T20 statistics
|Matches Played till Feb 2023||35|
|Total Innings Played||21|
|Total runs made||158|
How He Became the Most Expensive Player In Ipl History Of 2023?
In the recent T20 World Cup, he gained the name ICC Player of the Tournament for his comeback in WORLD CUP 2022. In the last T20, Final match against Pakistan Curran took 3 wickets in 4 overs by giving only 12 runs.
He picked wickets with some of the star Pakistani players Muhammad Rizwan, Shah Masood, and Muhammad Nawaz. This attracts many IPL franchises such as Mumbai Indians, Kings XI Punjab, and Chennai Super Kings which increased the value of Curran more than 9 times from the base price of INR 2 crore.
Finally, Kings XI, Punjab bought him at a whooping price of INR 18.5 crore which makes him the most expensive player in the history of IPL. Previously he was bought two times by Chennai Super King in 2020 and 2021 at 5.5 crores respectively.
Sam Curran is the most young exciting player. He is playing from England and he is an all-rounder. Now he is currently the most expensive player in IPL.
This article is co-author by Noorul Huda
- I am a computer science trainer, motivator, blogger, and sports enthusiast. Apart from academic activities, I'm a very passionate reader and writer on various subjects like technology, Sports, and finance.
- Sports News2023.03.24IPL 2023 new rule for Toss: Captains can announce XI after toss to allow Impact Player’s introduction
- IPL 20232023.03.22Yesterday IPL Match Result: Who Won Yesterday’s IPL Match in IPL 2023?
- Cricket2023.03.21David Miller ‘Most certainly not bitter’: On not getting T20I captaincy role
- Cricket2023.03.21Mushfiqur Rahim scored the fastest century 100 for Bangladesh in ODI